Several stores play this type of music along with regular American pop music that I hear all of the time in the U.S. I haven't really heard any other types of popular music that we have in the U.S. like rock, indie, or hip hop. It mainly seems centered on pop music that you can dance to.
One of the popular songs that keeps getting stuck in my head and that is played everywhere I go is by a group called CN Blue (Code Name Blue). Here is their music video:
I have liked watching all of the music videos on the tv. I hope to be able to hear some different popular genres and bands while I am here.
Here is another video that I have found of a K-Pop group. It has a little more of a hip hop vibe to it.
I also found this interesting video on youtube of applegirl002 who is a South Korean who uses
iphone apps to sing popular music. I thought it was interesting because we talked in class about
how the government had to change some regulations to get the iphone on the market here. If it
wasn't for the rules changing, she would not be able to do her videos that have gotten several
million views on youtube. She found a very innovative way to use the device.
We CAN'T forget about Kara: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J37Z27sQhkY
ReplyDelete